I am a mosquito magnet. They will find me no matter where I go. They love me. But I don’t love them. And I don’t like using commercial bug sprays with all the chemicals and nasty smell. So I just made my own. It works extremely well! No bug bites even in the woods. I encourage you to give it a try too.
What you will need:
- 4oz spray bottle
- distilled water
- witch hazel
- 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin
- essential oils (I use Insect Shield which is a blend of Citronella, Eucalyptus, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Lavender, Litsea, Tea Tree, Patchouli & Catnip)
- Fill bottle half full with water and half full with witch hazel
- Add vegetable glycerin
- Add about 40 drops of essential oils
- Shake bottle and spray on your skin as needed when outdoors
What I love about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make and ingredients are recognizable. It’s really cheap and it actually works. It’s safe to spray on your skin and in the air and you’re not breathing in nasty chemicals when you do.
Hope you will give it a try. Thanks for reading! 🙂